KOREA – SPAIN CALL FOR PROJECTS 2020
On January 20th of 2020 the CDTI, E.P.E.and the KIAT (from South Korea) have published a joint call for the submission of proposals of technological cooperation inside the Eureka program. Applicants must present joint R&D projects focusing on developing ready to market innovative products and applications that have a strong market potential for both the Republic of Korea and Spain. Although this call invites projects in all thematic areas or application domains, special focus is given to the following domains:
• Bio including Health
• Green technologies, including Energy
• Smart city and Transportation
• Information and Communication technologies
• Nanotechnology and Materials
• New Production technologies
In order to be elegible, projects must fulfill the following criteria :
– Partners must form a consortium that includes at least one Spanish company and one Korean company, independent from each other. The participation of research institutes/universities and other organizations is welcome as additional participants or subcontractors.
– The product, process or service must be innovative and there must be a technological risk involved.
– The project should have an obvious advantage and added value resulting from the technological cooperation between the participants from the countries.
– The project should be significant to all participants. No country or member of the consortium will have more than 70% of the total budget.
In the case of Spain, projects will be funded through CDTI's financing tools for R&D projects in international collaboration.
There will be 2 periods for the submission of proposals, one from January 28th of 2020 to March 31st of 2020 and another one from June 1st of 2020 to 31st August of 2020. In each period there will be a international submission phase and a funding phase. In the international submission phase (which closes on March 31st) applicants must simultaneously submit to CDTI and KIAT the corresponding EUREKA applications, accompanied by the Eureka Project Form and the Consortium Agreement signed by all partners. In the funding phase (which closes on April 30th) each of the spanish partners will present its own national funding application for the proposal. The project's activities mustn't begin before submitting the funding application to CDT.